USAGE OF EACH TEST: Chemosensitivity for Natural Substances. This test includes only the assessment of natural substances and plant extracts for potency against cancer patients derived CTCs.
- All assays started from the need to define and point out recommended agents with anti-cancer activity,
- It combines molecular as well as cellular approach which all validated by a viability assays (there is not always linear relation between gene expression profile, protein production and cellular activity)
R.G.C.C. Group provides the necessary sampling kit with detailed instructions for samples collection and logistics upon request.
The sample required for this test is 15 to 25 ml of whole (peripheral) blood in a provided 50ml volume Falcon tube with a preservative liquid. For tissue samples the minimum quantity of 400mg is required in a provided vial.
SUPPORT AND TRAINING:
RGCC provides on-call and on-line support on issues of interpretation and Procedures of the test. Additionally, we provide regular training courses for clinicians in order to familiarize them with the tests (Seminars & Webinars).
- Please give us one to two days prior notification of the shipment date in order to arrange a pick up for you. Details for collection such us your full postal address, including Post Codes (UK) or District Mail Zip Codes, telephone number and named contact person for the courier. The service provider we use is DHL Express. We usually suggest you do these tests in the morning as that allows time for the courier to pick up at lunchtime or in the afternoon. Please bear in mind that the courier will contact you to define the time of the last daily collection time. If you wish to send the sample independently, please contact our office so that we may inform you of our courier account number. The shipment fees are charged into our account by giving our company's account number to the courier.
- Complete all the needed courier documents, which will be provided in a hard copy once the transportation container will be dispatched to you.
- UN3373 Biological Substance Category B Commercial Invoice (Only for non-European Countries)
Please be aware that the description of the shipment should be indicated as ‘Biological Substance Category B, UN3373’ and the total value of the shipment should be defined to one (1) USD as it is purposed for medical research.
- Please be sure that the sign UN3373 diagnostic specimen is on the outer wall of the container. These stickers already included in the transportation container that we have sent you.
- Once the package has been picked up, please keep us updated with an email that the sample is on its way.
One transportation container contains:
- Two (2) vials for blood sample [colourless liquid], (you have to use only one)
- Vials for tissue sample (red colour liquid) – (only after request)
- Cooling bag
- Medical form
- Needed papers for transportation
The blood sample bottle(s) (vials) should be stored in the fridge, whereas the ice pack (s) should remain into a deep freezer for at least 24 hours until required.
If you wish to send a cancer tissue sample
you have to place the tissue sample inside the vial with the red color liquid (minimum quantity 400mg).
For blood samples there needs to be minimum 15ml to 25 ml maximum of venous blood.
Please discard the first 5ml of blood in order to reduce the likelihood of contamination of the sample by skin cells. The blood sample should be placed quickly in the vial with the colorless liquid. After you place the blood sample close the top and shake it gently (rolling is preferable). Then place the vial inside the transportation container.
Please ensure that the medical form is completed, signed by a doctor and patient and enclosed to the package.